Adsense

Sunday 6 October 2013

A brief history of Tudor



Tudor is a name that has been filtering down my family, passed on from my grandfather, to my uncle and then to myself.

Tudor is my first name; I am in no way related to the Tudor dynasty and have yet to have 1 wife, let alone 6.

So I do apologise to anyone who came here expecting a bunch of interesting facts about King Henry the VIII hopefully these will make you feel slightly better:

  • He called his 4th wife a horse
  • Anyone who disobeyed the commands of Henry VIII was arrested for treason and executed…supposedly he executed 72,000 people during his reign
  • Henry’s waist went from a lean 32 inches in his prime to 54 inches at his death…He was weighing in at over 300 pounds.
  • He was also the first man to land on the moon(may not be true)


Anyway, how ya doing?

One of the main reasons i'm setting up this blog is because I've recently moved to China to teach English as a foreign language. If there are any fresh graduates reading right now, who have not got a clue about what kind of career they want to get themselves into, I would strongly suggest taking this opportunity to travel abroad for a year whilst working.

I'm currently teaching children between the ages of 3 and 12 years old in a place called Changzhou, a city to the East of Shanghai with a population of more than 5 million. Most of the kids are absolutely adorable, however many do suffer from the little emperor syndrome and make me want to strangle them.



I am a self-proclaimed nomad due to the fact that before China, I had lived in England for 8 years, the Netherlands for 2 years and France for 10 years.So far, I picture my dream country as having the English pubs, the Dutch public transport, the French landscape and the Chinese prices.

I'm going to stop writing this post now, I've wasted way too much time staring at that bloody picture of the dog handshake. If you're still reading this, I wish to congratulate you, as I don't usually read anything that is longer than 3 lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment